Avvaron offers a desktop application for hosting using Firefox, Safari and older versions of Edge web browsers. While Chrome and the new Edge web browsers are optimal, we understand there are some constraints, for example, from IT Policies.
- Windows 7 (64-bit) and higher / Mac OSX 10.8 or Linux/Ubuntu
- Important: the desktop application is not supported on Windows 7 32-bit
- Broadband internet connection with an Upload and Download speed of 1 Mbps or more
To install the desktop application:
- Log in to your Online Meeting account on Firefox orSafari web browser. You will see a screen where we are looking to see if the app is installed:
- You will be prompted to download the Desktop App:
Alternatively, you may Download Online Meeting Desktop App from your "My Services" profile.
Once the application is installed, it will open and log you in to your account.
If you do not automatically log in, you will see this screen:
The new application can be found in the Start Menu. You may also Pin it to Taskbar, Pin it to Start Menu (Windows) or add it to your Menu Bar or System Tray (Mac) so it's easy to find and start up or join a meeting or webinar.
Important: this application does not require Admin rights.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: When I'm trying to log in, it just sits on looking for the Online Meeting App.
A: If this is a first installation on the machine and if it sits for more than a couple of minutes, try the following steps:
- Close your web browser.
- Check any anti-virus or firewall software to ensure it is not blocking the Online Meeting.
- Make sure that any pop up blockers are turned off.
- Open a new web browser (Edge, Safari, Firefox) and try again.
If the application has already been installed, navigate to Start (Windows) or Finder (Mac) and open the application directly.
Q: Does the application make me install it every time?
A: Once the application is installed, it can be used anytime.
Application can be found the following locations:
Q: If I log in from the browser, it asks me to install the application again.
A: If you choose to log in from your web browser instead of through the application, your web browser will try to locate the installed application and pop-up message asking to run the application will appear. (Example shown is the Edge web browser)
If there are no pop-ups and it is asking to install the application, open the application directly from Start Menu or Finder as shown above.